Monday 7 February 2011

The First Step...


Have you ever been blown away by something that you were driven to find out more.........? Yes..? Me too!!
For me its Dolphins and Whales. The more I learn about these magnificent sentient beings the more I realise our human knowledge has just scratched the surface. I feel there is so much more to learn about Dolphins and Whales.

The Journey of Discovery has just begun.......

I care about animals ALL animals and I also care about people too. I am always amazed and touched at how people react to animals and the effect that animals have on us emotionally.  It also interests me regarding why some people have no regard or empathy for animals, I question could this be due to culture, conditioning, lifes experience, genes, perceptions, emotions, thought processes etc? The mind is the most complex machine on the planet. Human beings are not the only life form who are intelligent. Dolphins are too!

Intelligent Dolphins have the backing of Lori Marino a senior lecturer in neuroscience and behavioral biology at Emory University, and one of the world's leading dolphin experts.

Please view the following clip as Dr Lori Marino summarizes Dolphin Intelligence.  Please note Dr Lori Marino has used the brains of Wild Dolphins that have died of natural causes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDinU1Im0CI

I have no doubt that Dolphins are intelligent - why are they not protected as 'non human persons' and given rights to reflect this?

I am not a Marine Biologist or a Scientist but I do have a curious mind and a love for Animals and People. Throughout my blogs I hope to share my thoughts and feelings regarding the information I have found along the journey.
Are Dolphins trying to tell us something or warn us of something?  So many questions but yet no concrete answers.

Please if you have been inspired, helped or even saved by Dolphins or Whales, help to be their voice. Thousands of Dolphins and Whales each year are hunted, caught in nets and die due to habitat degradation. Help to raise awareness.

Visit - http://www.facebook.com/helpedbydolphins
Follow us - http://twitter.com/#!/Dolphin_Stories

The 'Helped by Dolphins' aim is to raise awareness regarding the positive actions that Dolphins and Whales have offered human kind and also to help to be their voice.
Helped by Dolphins was created by two people who are passionate about making a positive change. 

We would love to hear your positive feedback.

2 comments:

  1. “Where there is a mind, there are feelings such as pain, pleasure, and joy. No sentient being wants pain: all wants happiness instead.” – Dalai Lama

    “And those who dismiss love for our fellow creatures as mere sentimentality overlook a good and important part of our humanity. But it takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal. And it is actually within us to grant them a happy life and a long one.” – Joaquin Phoenix | quote from EARTHLINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very good cause and keep doing what you did. It will definitely create change. Dolphins argyll has your support.

    ReplyDelete